Friday 1 July 2011

Brioche

Today I decided to try my hand at making brioche. My husband is usually the bread maker in the house but there was some yeast leftover from the weekend and I love the idea of these lovely soft French rolls for breakfast on Saturday morning. 



All was going well, I am using Richard Bertinet's recipe from his great bread book Crust. It makes a really nice smooth and shiny dough and I put it to one side to rest for 2 hours. Then... I read the next stage of the recipe, turn out, fold then leave to rest for a further 12-14 hours. Should be ready to shape into my rolls at about 2am then... Oops!

I suppose this is the life of a baker, my husband will often spend a whole weekend working on his loaves. It is also a good reminder to me to read the recipe all the way through before enthusiastically diving in. 

I'm sure it will be worth it at breakfast in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment