Wednesday 17 August 2011

Patchwork Lavender Pin Cushion

I have started to try out the projects for the first week long course I am planning for October half term - Basic Sewing Skills and Patchwork.

Every new sewer needs a pin cushion so what better place to start! 

I have used 2 simple patchwork designs for my first pin cushions but it got me flicking through my books and old patterns. I love all the different designs and especially their funny names, I will definitely look into the origins of these a bit more closely.

Below is a selection of American designs, including Puss in the Corner, Turkey Tracks and Robbing Peter to Pay Paul.


The lavender in our garden has gone completely crazy this year so I decided to dry some out to add to my pin cushions so they smell great too.



No comments:

Post a Comment