Friday 19 August 2011

Utrecht Markets

I wanted to share some photos from our camping trip to Holland but I have been very busy preparing for opening since we returned. Our holiday is like a distant memory!


So… I thought I would share these pictures from my favourite day, market day.






The flower market takes place on the Janskerkhof every Saturday and was so busy, full of blooms and so cheap. Throughout the day every other person was carrying huge bunches of flowers and negotiating the canals with them hanging from their bicycle baskets. Such a shame we were camping with nowhere practical to put them.

Around the corner also on Saturday was a huge fabric market on the Breedstraat, I was in heaven. And we shared delicious Ethiopian coffee at this great café on Voorstraat called The Village, if you are ever in Utrecht this is the best coffee in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment